In today's ultra-competitive business environment, it's not enough for sales professionals to be adept at technical and tactical skills such as getting appointments, making presentations, and closing deals. To really succeed, they must develop and apply their relational skills—or what is known as emotional intelligence—to help them connect with people, recognize customer wants and needs, and build strong, lasting relationships.
In Selling with Emotional Intelligence, Mitch Anthony presents the first-ever examination of emotional intelligence as it relates to sales performance. Readers will learn what emotional intelligence is, and how they can implement a proven program for increasing their own emotional intelligence, therefore improving their sales success.
The program incorporates the five steps of Mitch's proprietary program, ARROW:
- Awareness: Tuning into your natural strengths and weaknesses
- Restraint: Identifying negative emotions that can damage relationships, inflict pain, and cost money.
- Resilience: Learning to develop an optimistic, persistent nature.
- Others (Empathy): Discerning feelings and motives/ Learning to be a better listener and observer.
- Working with Others (Building Rapport): Communicating/Learning to relate to and lead others.